18 Dec
2020

15 million T-Mobile customer records exposed

first_img 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr A hack on a server belonging to the credit application processor Experian has exposed personal information belonging 15 million T-Mobile customers. The data breach affected two years’ worth of records, the companies said.While the investigation is still ongoing, the companies revealed the intrusion resulted in the illegal acquisition of millions of T-Mobile customers’ personal records inputted between Sept. 1, 2013 and Sept. 16, 2015. The records included names, addresses and birthdates, as well as encrypted fields with Social Security and other identification numbers (such as driver’s license and passport), plus additional information used in T-Mobile’s credit assessments. continue reading »last_img read more

Read More
20 Sep
2020

Ferdinand may appeal FA ban

first_img “I haven’t met many classier footballers in my time than Rio Ferdinand, he’s a top-class person. “I don’t need to talk to him about it, not really. “I don’t read Twitter, I don’t even know what it is, I wouldn’t know how to read it and it doesn’t interest me one little bit. “We’re not overloaded with fit defenders, so I want Rio available for every game, that’s for sure.” Refusing to rule playmaker Adel Taarabt out of contention for Saturday’s Chelsea trip, Redknapp said the Morocco midfielder “could be a world-class player”. Redknapp said Taarabt vowed to fight for full fitness in a training-ground chat on Monday, following the pair’s protracted public spat over the 25-year-old’s condition. “If he was to make the most of what he’s got he could be a world-class player,” said Redknapp. “He’s got the ability to be one of the best in the Premier League. “It’s like Ravel Morrison, he should be playing for England with that ability. “Ravel should be playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid he’s that good, but he’s not even playing at Cardiff. “It’s a shame and a waste, and it’s similar with Adel. “Adel came to see me on Monday and we had a great chat. “He admitted he needed to get fitter: he wants to get fit, wants to play, wants to get back in the team, and that’s all I needed to hear from him. “He’s trained all week and I’ve been delighted with his attitude and the chat we had. “If it turns him round and he comes back, shows everyone what he can do, then it will be great. “He’s got fantastic ability, and it would be one the great crimes in football if he doesn’t realise that. “I wouldn’t hesitate to put him in the squad (to play Chelsea), he’s trained well.” The ex-Manchester United centre-back was “severely warned as to his future conduct” after the FA dished out the punishment on Tuesday, relating to an alleged sexist tweet. Ferdinand used the slang term “sket”, taken to mean a promiscuous woman, in response to a derogatory message received on social network Twitter. Redknapp believes there is no need to talk to Ferdinand about his character, suggesting the FA had been heavy-handed in its punishment. “If someone slags him off and he goes back and slags them off it doesn’t equate (to a ban for a red card), I can’t see it,” said Redknapp. “We’ll have to sit down and see what the circumstances are (for an appeal). “We’re not sure exactly what he’s done and what the charge is and what the reasons are behind it. “He does know how to behave off the pitch, I’ve not had many footballers behave better off the pitch than Rio, on the pitch and off the pitch. “I don’t have any problems with the way Rio conducts himself. Rio Ferdinand and QPR’s bosses will make the decision on whether to appeal the defender’s three-match Football Association ban by Friday night. Manager Harry Redknapp, chief executive Philip Beard and chairman Tony Fernandes met Ferdinand and his representatives at QPR’s Harlington training ground on Thursday. Redknapp has leapt to Ferdinand’s defence, labelling the former England defender a “top-class person”, despite his ban and £25,000 fine for comments made on Twitter. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More
17 Sep
2020

NANF Demands $10m Compensation for Late Nigerian Footballers

first_imgHarrison Jalla “We demand that the Nigeria police within 21 days of the receipt of this letter, pay to the next of kin and immediate family of Tiamiyu Kazzem the sum of $5 million as compensation for his brutal killing by the police,” the letter read in part.In the case of Martins, NANF also asked the NFF, the League Management Company (LMC) and Nasarawa United to also pay $5 million as compensation to the family of the defender.The players’ union blamed the tragic death of Martins to “gross negligence” by the LMC in ensuring adequate medical facilities and personnel in every NPFL match venue.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The National Association of Nigerian Footballers (NANF) has demanded a total of $10 million from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as well as the Nigeria Police for the death of two players, Chineme Martins and Tiamiyu Kazeem.Nasarawa United defender Martins died during an NPFL match against Katsina United, while Kazeem of Remo Stars was hit by a fast moving car as he allegedly stepped down from a police van on the Abeokuta-Sagamu highway.According to scorenigeria.ng, in a letter dated March 16 and addressed to the Inspector General of Police, NANF President Harrison Jalla, demanded that the next of kin of late Kazeem be paid $5 million as compensation for his brutal murder.last_img read more

Read More
4 Aug
2020

Little Silver’s Riccio Lauded in Sports Betting Decision

first_imgBy Jay Cook |LITTLE SILVER – Ronald J. Riccio can recall spending days at Monmouth Park as an eight-year-old boy, watching alongside his father and his father’s best friend as thoroughbreds sprinted around the track.The racetrack’s never been more than a few miles away from his Little Silver home.But Riccio, now 71, has supported the Oceanport racing institution in a different manner over the past few years. He had turned his weekend racing program in for an extensive law brief as the lead counsel for the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association, representing Monmouth Park, through the Murphy v. NCAA Supreme Court case fighting for legalized sports betting.After a decision disbanding the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) of 1992 was decided Monday from the court – meaning all states can have a legal and regulated sports wagering industry – Riccio was relieved to know his beloved venue will not be shuttering any time soon.“I know so many people over there, many of my best friends I met at Monmouth Park,” Riccio told The Two River Times on Tuesday. “To be able to have a hand in keeping a place that holds so many memories for me alive and to help it flourish is just icing on the cake.”Riccio is a former dean of Seton Hall University School of Law from 1988 to 1999 and has been practicing law for well over four decades. Murphy v. NCAA was his first case in front of the Supreme Court, but Riccio said he never felt the nerves nor wavered in his support of Monmouth Park.The crux of the case was based on overturning PASPA, a federal law which allowed sports betting only in Nevada and three other states. New Jersey had tried since 2011 to permit legalized sports betting after a statewide referendum permitted lawmakers to legalize it but was challenged twice by the four major professional sports leagues and the NCAA in the coming years. Lawmakers had crafted two bills and even suffered a veto from then-Gov. Chris Christie throughout that time.Though above all, Murphy v. NCAA “is a landmark decision,” said Riccio. “The effect of the decision is to narrow the federal government’s power and to expand the state’s sovereign rights to regulate its people as it wants to regulate them.”Riccio, who taught constitutional law for over 20 years at Seton Hall University, said this case could have major implications with future states’ rights issues currently in the news. Decisions down the road on marijuana legalization, sanctuary city creation and environmental regulations could reference this sports betting case.But the immediate impact will be on Monmouth Park as it’s set to take New Jersey’s first legal sports wagers later this summer. Predictions are that sports betting in New Jersey could be a $10 billion industry, some estimate.“Monmouth Park has been for several years trying to stay alive as a viable, self-sustaining racetrack that employs hundreds of people, that has a huge impact on the state economy, on the preservation of open spaces,” said Riccio.“Just to be able to relieve the anxiety that all the workers over there were feeling about the future of Monmouth Park, to me, that’s as gratifying as anything else,” he added.While the four major sports leagues and the state’s high-priced legal representation captured interest, it was Riccio and his team at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney and Carpenter who helped lay the legal groundwork for the case, said Edward B. Deutsch, founder and managing partner of the firm.“Ron and our people, the brief work and the strategy, was brilliant,” Deutsch told The Two River Times this week. “I think that he and our team, more than anybody, is responsible for this result.”Deutsch said Riccio is “the best constitutional lawyer in New Jersey.”Former state Sen. Joseph Kyrillos Jr., who sponsored state bills in support of legalized sports betting, said the Supreme Court decision “will create jobs, revitalize our horse industry and boost tourism for the areas surrounding Monmouth Park.”Kyrillos added that “few understand it was Dean Ron Riccio and the McElroy Deutsch law firm that forced this outcome.”last_img read more

Read More
4 Aug
2020

Fair Haven’s Costumed Kiddos Take Over The Streets

first_imgAlthough the weather was gloomy, the joy on the children’s faces as they paraded down the road helped brighten the day. Photos by Patrick Olivero After the “hunt,” the kids paraded down Hance Road and onto River Road, ending in front of the community firehouse. There participants were treated to donuts and juice as they waited for the results of the costume competition. The winners took home gift certificates to businesses in town. center_img FAIR HAVEN – Little superheroes, first responders, princesses and even the Statue of Liberty took to the streets as part of Fair Haven’s annual Halloween Egg Hunt and Costume Parade Sunday, Oct. 20. Festivities began at Sportsman’s Field across from Knollwood School where the children anxiously awaited the green light to collect as many candy-stuffed, Halloween-themed eggs as possible. At the signal all the children rushed forward; in minutes they had wiped the field clean of eggs. last_img read more

Read More
15 Oct
2019

RIVERDALE STARS TWITTER ACCOUNT REPORTEDLY HACKED BY FORTNITE GAMERS

first_imgWARNING: Story contains graphic language!Riverdale star Cole Sprouse has become the latest hacker prank victim after gamers took control of his Twitter account and posted a series of offensive tweets.The actor, who was a Teen Choice Award winner on Sunday, appeared to have lost his mind on Monday night when a clutch of foul tweets were released. Lili Reinhart and Cole Sprouse attend the Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 7, 2018 in New York City. | Jamie McCarthy / Getty Images Advertisement Advertisement One attacked Disney bosses and another featured an explicit comment about his brother Dylan Sprouse’s model girlfriend, Barbara Palvin. Advertisementcenter_img Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Read More
14 Oct
2019

Manitobas cigarette battle with Dakotas could end with blockades Nelson

first_imgBy Jorge BarreraAPTN National NewsA battle between Manitoba and Dakota communities over cigarette taxes could spread across the province and ignite rail blockades and other actions, says one of the candidates running for national chief of the Assembly of First Nations.A Manitoba court on Wednesday handed down a temporary injunction against the Dakota to shut down their smoke shop which has been selling tax-free cigarettes manufactured by Mohawk company Rainbow Tobacco, of Kahnawake Territory in Quebec.The Dakota, however, said they would ignore Manitoba’s injunction and keep the Chundee Smoke Shop open because the Dakota never signed any treaties giving Manitoba jurisdiction over their territory.“There is no turning back,” said Canupawakpa Dakota Chief Frank Brown. “Where is the legal documentation on provincial jurisdiction over the Dakotas?”Brown said he is willing to go to jail if the province and the RCMP attempt to shut down the smoke shop, near Pipestone, Man.“If the province wants to use the RCMP illegally, to illegally arrest us and illegally put us in jail, that is their doing and the world is going to know that,” said Brown. “They are like organized crime.”Former Roseau River chief Terry Nelson, who is running for national chief of the AFN, said he is planning on selling Mohawk cigarettes informally throughout Winnipeg in support of the Dakota.“Now we are going to look at the 700,000 people in Winnipeg as our market,” said Nelson.Nelson wouldn’t say how the cigarettes would be sold throughout the city which would go for about $20 a carton.“We are not in it for the money, we are in it for the point,” said Nelson.Nelson said the Ojibway under Treaty 1, which covers Winnipeg, have a right to sell tobacco which he said was stolen from Indigenous people by the “white man.”A carton of cigarettes in Winnipeg goes for about $108 a carton, he said.Nelson also said there will be swift reaction if the RCMP is sent in to enforce the injunction against the Dakotas.“If these guys start using the RCMP and guns to shut them down, there is going to be retaliation and the blocking of railway lines,” said Nelson. “If something happens to them, if someone gets killed, hauled away in handcuffs and dragged or women are getting beaten then the RCMP have a hell of a problem. That is when you will see cars on the railway tracks, because that’s the end of treaty.”Nelson said any bloodshed initiated by authorities would ignite a national backlash.The Chundee Smoke Shop has been raided five times and the province has laid over 60 charges alleging the cigarettes are not licensed for sale in Manitoba. Despite the repeated crackdowns, the Dakota remain defiant.They showed their defiance on Wednesday, as Dakotas on horseback led about 100 protestors to the court house in Winnipeg. Brown and Dakota Wahpeton Plains Chief Orville Smoke refused to participate in the proceedings. The chiefs arrived without lawyers.“The lawyers are in a conflict of interest and the courts are in a conflict of interest, everything is one-sided,” said Brown. “It’s their provincial court, their lawyers and their judges.”Brown said revenue from the smoke shop has allowed them to buy a fire truck and bison meat for their communities, which suffer from 90 per cent unemployment. The money has also been used to pay for post-secondary education for some of the communities’ youth, said Brown.The Dakota have also been seeking international support for their cause.Brown and Smoke both met with officials from the Iranian embassy in Ottawa this past March along with Nelson. They both sent representatives to accompany Nelson when the former Roseau River chief announced his candidacy for AFN national chief at a mosque in April.Brown said the Dakota follow the “law of the land,” and called the provincial government a “corporation” that follows “admiralty law,” in reference to thinking associated with the sovereign citizen movement.“Admiralty law is the law of the sea, it is the people that are on ships and they have a different law on water and the ones on water follow that law. That admiralty was brought into our land and it is being used,” said Brown. “That law belongs to the sea, to the water. The courtroom represents the ship and we are not stepping into that.”The ideas associated with viewing provinces and Canada as corporations that only have authority over individuals who allow themselves to be controlled have gained traction in many First Nations communities over the years, including in the Mohawk community of Akwesasne.The sovereign citizen movement has also flourished in the [email protected]last_img read more

Read More