31 Dec
2020

Global energy storage boom to Increase 122-fold by 2040

first_imgGlobal energy storage boom to Increase 122-fold by 2040 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Utility Dive:Global energy storage deployment is expected to increase 122-fold over the next two decades to 1,095 GW/2,850 GWh by 2040, according to a new BloombergNEF (BNEF) report, published Wednesday.BNEF estimates this storage boom will require $662 billion of investment, even though the cost of lithium-ion batteries is expected to fall by 50% over the next decade.The research company also forecasts that renewables will account for almost 40% of the world’s electricity by 2040, up from 7% today, due to falling prices.The global transformation of the power grid toward renewable energy sources is expected to catapult the deployment of energy storage systems to new heights, while the anticipated electrification of the transportation sector and the power demand from that will help further reduce costs.BNEF pointed to the stationary storage and electric vehicle markets as the main drivers of the upcoming battery boom. “Two big changes this year are that we have raised our estimate of the investment that will go into energy storage by 2040 by more than $40 billion, and that we now think the majority of new capacity will be utility-scale, rather than behind-the-meter at homes and businesses,” Yayoi Sekine, energy storage analyst for BNEF and co-author of the report, said in a news release. Despite this positive outlook for the storage industry, S&P Global Platts Analytics identified raw material prices, fire protection and potential import tariffs as potential risks to future price reductions.More: Global storage deployments to hit 2,850 GWh by 2040, increasing 122-foldlast_img read more

Read More
20 Sep
2020

Job not done yet – Pearson

first_img Leicester host Southampton on Saturday and then face fixtures against relegation rivals Sunderland and QPR. Pearson, nominated for the April manager of the month award on the back of his side’s upturn in form recently, has warned his players that the job is not done yet. ”I’m very pleased with how we’ve played, but there’s a lot of hard work left – it’s not done, not at all,”the Foxes boss said. ”Of course it helps when things go your way elsewhere, but you can’t bank on that. We can’t leave the field with regrets.” Meanwhile, Pearson refused to be drawn on speculation linking winger Anthony Knockaert with a switch to Belgian club Standard Liège. The 23-year-old has been out of favour this season but his stock is still high in Europe after making 42 appearances and scoring five goals during last year’s Championship-winning campaign. Knockaert’s contract expires in the summer and, according to reports, Standard Liege are confident of luring him away despite the Leicester hierarchy hoping he will sign a new deal until 2017. Knockaert joined Leicester from French side Guingamp in 2012 but he has made just nine Premier League appearances this term – and none since mid-January. Press Association Five wins in the last six matches has lifted the Foxes out of the drop zone, with three games remaining. Only a couple of months ago, Pearson’s men were bottom of the table and being written off. When asked about talk of the player leaving, Pearson responded: ”I can’t confirm anything. ”I have heard the speculation but I can’t confirm it because the football club have had no formal confirmation on that. That’s all I can say on that.” Leicester have been handed a fitness boost ahead of the visit of Southampton with David Nugent back in the reckoning after a calf problem. Only midfielder Andy King will definitely be missing because of a hamstring injury, while both Jamie Vardy and Marcin Wasilewski should play despite foot problems. Leonardo Ulloa is also okay to play despite having an ankle issue. ”I would rule Andy King out but he has made very good progress,” Pearson said. ”He has done quite a bit of training with the group. If circumstances were slightly different then there would be a chance of maybe him being involved. ”He is an important player for us so we don’t feel it is in anyone’s interest to push him too much at this stage, so we’ll rule him out just on that basis. ”Everybody else really looks like they’ll be available for the weekend. ”Nugent is back into the reckoning which is a big plus for us. ‘With Vardy it’s a similar sort of situation as it’s been for a few weeks. We’re trying to manage the load. ”We’ve had a free week so it’s given us a bit of time to give him a bit more of a rest. ”He’ll go into the preparation for the game in the same way that he has for the last few games. ”Ulloa is training. We’ve had a few bumps and bruises, but nothing that’s not manageable. ”With Marcin, we could afford to take him off last week because we were in a pretty strong position during last week’s game. ”It’s always preferable if you can do that during games to protect players. Again, he’s available.” Leicester manager Nigel Pearson knows plenty of hard work still lies ahead as his side look to retain their Barclays Premier League status.last_img read more

Read More
28 Aug
2020

Senegal considers activating Diouf

first_imgFormer Senegal international El Hadj Diouf may return to the outfit for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying return leg if ongoing negotiations between the football federation (FSF) and the team’s technical staff come to fruition.Following the Teranga Lions’ 4-2 loss in Abidjan against Ivory Coast on September 8, the FSF president Augustin Senghor gave newly confirmed coach Joseph Koto carte blanche to summon all former players willing to play for the team ahead of the next match day set for October 12.The former Liverpool striker who currently plays for Leeds has shown interest for a comeback but a five-year suspension he is currently facing poses a major hindrance.Coach Koto has opened talks with the FSF officials to lift the ban imposed on the two-time African footballer of the year in 2010 for a media outburst against members of the football federation, according to reports.Koto says his team suffered such a loss due to lack of experience to conserve their advantage after taking the lead twice against the hosts.Senegal former captain Mamadou Niang is also among the old hands the coach intends to bring on board to help his side to a decisive win in Dakar next month. It is yet unclear if the FA will lift the ban on Diouf, but sources close to the talks have told Senegal news agency, APS, that many officials see it as a sacrifice to help the team book a place for next year’s showpiece.last_img read more

Read More