18 Jan
2021

Anna-Jane Casey and More to Star in London’s Forbidden Broadway

first_img Casey, who starred in the 2009 production of Menier’s Forbidden Broadway, has also appeared in Billy Elliot, Spamalot, Company and Sunday in the Park with George. Dann, who received an Olivier nomination for Lend Me a Tenor—the Musical, has also stared in a previous incarnation of Forbidden Broadway, in addition to Sunday in the Park with George. Humbley recently took to the Menier stage in Merrily We Roll Along and has also appeared in productions of Company, Lend Me a Tenor—the Musical and The Last Five Years. Lewis’ theater credits include Candide, Therese Raquin, Love Never Dies, A Little Night Music, Spamalot and Priscilla—Queen of the Desert. Under the direction of Phillip George, who also helms the show in New York, Forbidden Broadway will feature music direction by Joel Fram, costumes by Morgan Large and sound design by Gareth Owen. View Commentscenter_img Anna-Jane Casey, Sophie-Louise Dann, Damian Humbley and Ben Lewis will star in the previously announced London return of Gerard Alessandrini’s Forbidden Broadway. New York’s longest-running comedy revue will feature takes on productions from both Broadway and the West End, including The Book of Mormon, Once, Matilda, Wicked and Miss Saigon. Performances begin June 19 prior to a July 2 opening night at the Menier Chocolate Factory. The show will play through August 16.last_img read more

Read More
18 Dec
2020

Peter Figoski Getaway Driver Acquitted

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York NYPD Officer Peter FigoskiTwo days after a North Carolina man was convicted in the slaying of a New York City police officer from West Babylon, a separate jury acquitted the man accused of driving the getaway car.Michael Velez was found not guilty on burglary and murder charges Wednesday in the death of 47-year-old NYPD Officer Peter Figoski, who was fatally shot in the face in December 2011 while investigating a burglary in Brooklyn.In his testimony, Velez told the court that he thought he was just giving the four other suspects a ride.NYPD Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly was critical of the verdict.“When juries fail to comprehend the monstrous scale of a police officer’s murder, they fail society itself,” said Kelly in a statement. “God help us if other gunmen and  their getaway drivers take comfort in these verdicts because when a police officer is murdered society at-large is struck a mortal blow. It’s shameful that the family of Peter Figoski must be crushed again by another incomprehensible verdict.”The New York City Police Benevolent Association was also clearly disappointed.“This jury did not exhibit an ounce of the courage that Peter Figoski showed time and time again during his life as a police officer,” PBA President Patrick Lynch said in a statement. “This is a devastating verdict for all police officers and for the Figoski family. We are deeply disappointed that the jury completely disregarded the role that the defendant played in the death of a brave police officer.”“While Peter’s tragic death brought our city together,” he continued, “today, this jury let the entire city down.”Another jury Monday convicted the gunman, 28-year-old Lamont Pride, for Figoski’s murder. He was found guilty of second-degree murder, burglary and manslaughter. Prosecutors were not able to convince jurors to convict Pride on the top charge of first-degree murder.Figoski’s partner chased down and arrested Pride after he shot and killed the decorated cop and father of four.Two other suspects, 28-year-old Nelson Morales and 31-year-old Kevin Santos, have pleaded not guilty and are awaiting trial. Meanwhile, a fifth suspect, 23-year-old Ariel Tejada, pleaded guilty and will testify against the two men in exchange for a lighter sentence.last_img read more

Read More
22 Dec
2019

Gardai to keep man’s car keys until he gets alcohol treatment

first_imgGardai are to retain the car keys belonging to a man caught drink-driving for the sixth time in less than a year until he gets treatment. Inishowen man Martin Cassidy appeared at Buncrana District Court to face all the alleged cases. Cassidy, of Trillick, Buncrana, had been told last week to surrender the keys of his car to Gardai.It followed concerns by Gardai that Cassidy would get behind the wheel while drunk if he was given access to his car.His solicitor Frank Dorrian said his client had been drink-free for nine days and that referrals have been made for Cassidy to receive treatment at a facility in Dublin.He said he believes this treatment may uncover other issues his client has.“There is a sequence of charges but I believe Mr. Cassidy has underlying issues that need to be resolved,” added the Defence SolicitorMr. Dorrian asked asked him to adjourn the matter to April.Judge Paul Kelly warned Cassidy that he must adhere to the strict conditions and Garda Inspector David Murphy said they will ensure this is done ‘as best they can’.Mr. Dorrian said he would inform gardaí if and when Cassidy received a place in the treatment facility in Dublin and Judge Kelly adjourned all matters until April 12.Gardai to keep man’s car keys until he gets alcohol treatment was last modified: February 9th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:alcoholbuncranacarcourtGardaiKeysMartin Cassidylast_img read more

Read More