20 Dec
2020

Military Counter-Terrorism Specialists Deployed for Confederations Cup in Brazil

first_imgBy Dialogo April 25, 2013 “In Brazil major events were organized in only one city so far, and this time the Confederations Cup will be held in six cities; it will be a test for the World Cup, which will have matches played in 12 cities,” Colonel Nunes, quoted by G1, stated. Although Brazil is not a target of terrorist actions, the injuries and deaths at the recent Boston Marathon attacks in Massachusetts has alarmed the Brazilian authorities. The Soldiers were trained to identify, contain, and prevent possible attacks with chemical, biological, nuclear and radiological weapons. He added that the worst case scenario of a terrorist attack, in his opinion, would be a chemical, biological or nuclear weapons attack. “The risk exists when threat and vulnerability are present. We are going to avoid threats and reduce vulnerability. We are prepared,” he stated. “This week, military groups will visit the cities where the Confederations Cup will be played for an initial reconnaissance,” Colonel Richard Fernandez Nunes, a spokesman for the institution quoted by Globo G1 website, stated. “A coordination center, to prevent and counter terrorism was created in Brasília, as well as an integrated center for tactical coordination in each one of the six cities where the Confederations Cup will be held,” from June 15 to 30, the Army told AFP in a statement. According to the Army, the creation of this center to prevent terrorism is necessary “due to the current international terrorism threats.” On April 22 the Brazilian Army reported that 1,200 military specialists will be deployed in the fight against terrorism and chemical weapons, to guarantee the security of the 2013 Confederations Cup, which starts on June 15. “They will meet with those responsible for the security and safety in the host cities of Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador and Brasília, in order to identify vulnerable places and act accordingly to prevent any incident. Reports will provide important information about how to work with the local police,” he said. last_img read more

Read More
30 Aug
2020

FSB boosts platform content & data dynamics with Racing Post partnership

first_img Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season  August 21, 2020 Share Related Articles Share Spotlight delivers Racing Post translated services for Pari-Engineering Russia August 26, 2020 Updating the market, industry bespoke betting platform provider FSB Technology (FSB) has announced that it will make Racing Post content and data available to its customer base.Moving forward Racing Post content will be published across FSB platforms, giving client users the most in-depth and informative data for UK and Irish horseracing as well as greyhounds.FSB development detailed that its Racing Post content/data partnership would post its client racing offerings across its portfolio.FSB platform operators will now be able to offer bespoke sites to their customers and have full control of the layout via their unique content management system.FSB Technology’s Business Development Director, Richard Thorp, commented on the racing enhancement: “We are thrilled to confirm this partnership, by integrating content from Racing Post, the recognised authority on racing and betting. We are enhancing our product offering to our existing and future clients, helping them to drive revenue.”Backing the partnership, Eugene Delaney, Racing Post Head of B2B, said: “We’re delighted to team up with FSB Technology, who have set the pace in terms of innovation and customer service when it comes to supplying simplified end-to-end betting platforms. We’re very much looking forward to working with them and their partners.” Mark Wilson: How FSB is meeting the recreational cricket punter’s demands August 20, 2020 Submit StumbleUponlast_img read more

Read More
26 Aug
2020

NBA trade rumors: Celtics ‘determined’ to acquire Anthony Davis, have asked Pelicans to hold off moving him

first_imgThe Celtics still want to trade for Anthony Davis.Boston is “determined” to deal for the 25-year-old Pelicans star, according to a report from ESPN, which cites unidentified league sources. The Celtics have urged New Orleans to hold off moving Davis until this summer when they can trade for him, the report says. The five-time All-Star’s top choice would be a move to the Lakers, according to an earlier ESPN report. He has missed the Pelicans’ last seven games with a finger injury. Davis is averaging 29.3 points and 13.3 rebounds per game this season.The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7. NBA trade rumors: Lakers, Pelicans reportedly moving closer to Anthony Davis deal Davis will not sign an extension with New Orleans and wants to be traded, agent Rich Paul told ESPN in late January. The Lakers have been engaged in serious trade talks with the Pelicans about him.center_img Boston cannot deal for Davis during the season because of the “Rose Rule,” which prohibits teams from adding multiple players via trade that have signed rookie extensions. Boston dealt for Kyrie Irving in August 2017.The Celtics are reportedly not on the list of teams Davis would be willing to sign a long-term deal with. But, they are still “anxious to trade” for him and pair him with Irving, ESPN’s report says. Related News NBA trade rumors: Clippers have yet to make offer for Pelicans star Anthony Davislast_img read more

Read More