19 Oct
2020

102 areas with zero COVID-19 cases allowed to start ‘new normal’

first_imgThese include 14 areas in Aceh, 15 in North Sumatra, three in Riau Islands, four in South Sumatra, 14 in East Nusa Tenggara, one in Central Java, five in Southeast Sulawesi and 17 in Papua. They have recorded zero cases of COVID-19.Areas categorized as yellow zones have a low COVID-19 risk, orange zones have a moderate COVID-19 risk and red zones a high risk of the disease.Read also: Jakarta ready to welcome ‘new normal’ soon, minister saysStill, Doni urged the COVID-19-free areas to maintain strict health protocols to further prevent transmission. He added that cities and agencies that decide to reopen and resume economic activities must involve experts, the medical sector and prominent community figures in their decision-making process. Some 100 regencies and municipalities labeled as green zones and have not been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak can start “new-normal” measures, the government has announced.“President [Joko “Jokowi” Widodo] ordered the national COVID-19 task force to allow 102 regions to conduct productive and safe public activities,” task force chief Doni Monardo said in a televised conference on Saturday. According to the COVID-19 task force’s expert staff chief, Wiku Adisasmito, the 102 regencies and cities have fulfilled the government’s criteria for reopening.For a region to reopen and loosen large-scale social restrictions (PSBB), they must meet 11 indicators. “We are using criteria from epidemiologists, as well as public health surveillance and health services, with recommendations from the World Health Organization,” Wiku said.The indicators for public health services as recommended by the WHO included decreasing the number of positive cases within two weeks after the latest peak, decreasing the death toll from positive cases and probable cases, decreasing the number of positive patients treated in hospitals, an increasing number of recovered patients and a less than 5 percent positivity rate (out of 5 percent positive samples).center_img Topics :last_img read more

Read More
19 Oct
2020

Jakarta Police rule death of Metro TV editor as suicide

first_imgTopics : The police said the man had visited a specialist at a hospital in Central Jakarta several days prior to his death about a medical condition that could have been a trigger for depression.The man, 26, was found dead on the roadside of the Pesanggrahan Jakarta outer ring toll road by three local children who were flying kites at around 11:45 a.m. on July 11. Police then opened an investigation and questioned 34 witnesses.Tubagus said further examination of the evidence at the crime scene suggested the case was a suicide, including a neatly parked motorcycle that showed no sign of damage and still had the key in the ignition, a knife and a bloodstain and a strand of hair and that matched the man’s DNA. No evidence that could link another individual to the case was found on his body or at the scene, he said.Investigators also found the victim’s DNA on both the handle and the tip of the knife.Witnesses, including local patrol officers, also said there had been no indication of a commotion during that period of time.During the autopsy, four stab wounds were found on the man’s chest and one on his neck. Jakarta Police forensic expert Arif Wahyono said no other wounds or signs of violence were found on the body. He explained that the shallow stabs wounds found on the body were most likely trial wounds commonly found in cases of suicide.The wound on his neck is believed to be the cause of his death. The forensic investigation also found that man had consumed amphetamines, Arif said.Police suspect that the consumption of drugs had triggered him to dare to take his own life.The victim’s father said the family refused to believe he had committed suicide. He said his son had shown no signs of sadness or depression prior to his death.”As his parent, I’m honestly disappointed in the [investigation] result, because there’s no way my son committed suicide,” he told Metro TV in a televised interview on Saturday.If you are having suicidal thoughts, please talk to someone. You can start here if you need information related to mental illness: https://www.intothelightid.org/tentang-bunuh-diri/layanan-konseling-psikolog-psikiater/center_img The Jakarta Police have ruled that the cause of a recent death of a video editor for private TV station Metro TV was suicide triggered by depression as no evidence has been found to suggest involvement of other parties.Jakarta Police’s general crimes director Sr. Comr. Tubagus Ade Hidayat said the evidence found at the scene and through the forensic investigation did not suggest that other parties were present at the time of the man’s death, which is believed to have occurred between 12 a.m. and 2 a.m on July 8.“From the crime scene investigation and experts’ assessment as well as supporting evidence, investigators strongly suspect that he committed suicide,” he said during a televised press conference at the Jakarta Police headquarters on Saturday.last_img read more

Read More
18 Oct
2020

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta provides coronavirus update: ‘I have recovered’

first_imgAdvertisement Mikel Arteta has recovered after suffering with coronavirus (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta believes he has recovered from coronavirus after being diagnosed with the virus under two weeks ago.The Spaniard tested positive for coronavirus, releasing a statement on 12 March saying he took the test after feeling poorly and received the ‘really disappointing’ news.Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira revealed last Monday that his manager was ‘doing better’ and now Arteta has provided even more positive news, saying he now feels that he has recovered entirely.‘It took me three or four days to start feeling better, with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind,’ he told Spanish television station La Sexta.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I am very well now. I feel that I have recovered.’ Visit our live blog for the latest updates Coronavirus news liveThe 37-year-old is hoping to return to work as soon as possible, but that is not going to happen in the near future, with Arsenal’s return to training delayed.The Gunners were going to be back in training on Tuesday this week, but the club have postponed that plan.A club statement read: ‘As a result of the current situation, we are clear it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time.“Therefore our men’s first team, women and academy players are all remaining at home. Stay at home and save lives.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityArteta went into more detail about how he came to find out he had contracted coronavirus in the days after his side had played Olympiacos in the Europa League on 27 February.‘Everything happened very fast,’ he explained. ‘On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there.‘I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiacos had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk.‘I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos].‘We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything.‘I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.‘Obviously all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.’MORE: Arsenal face stiff competition in race for Newcastle’s Matty Longstaff on free transferMORE: Arsenal vow to pay all staff until end of April despite no Premier League footballAdvertisementAdvertisementFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Comment Metro Sport ReporterMonday 23 Mar 2020 3:07 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.3kSharescenter_img Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta provides coronavirus update: ‘I have recovered’ Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More
6 Oct
2020

Exclusive holiday home hits the market for everyday buyers

first_imgAnd with a pool like that, it’s easy to see why it’s so popular.“We owned a couple of houses on the Gold Coast and used this home for holiday letting, it’s very popular because of the location,” said vendor Tony Halsam. “It has an east north east aspect and if you look to the right over the water you can see the Broadbeach skyline, and slightly to the left is Surfers Paradise.” A closer look at the sparkling 16.7 metre lap pool.Mr Halsam has listed the property after six years as “it’s probably the right time”.“We’ve been on the Gold Coast with the holiday homes for seven years,” Mr Halsam said. “We treat it like a business for sure, we thought after the GFC there were opportunities to buy homes at significantly lower than they sold for.” More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa19 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoIt has been used exclusively for holiday letting. 155 Campbell Street, Sorrento is on the market for $2.495 million.MODERN, monochromatic palette, decadent bedrooms, a state-of-the-art CBUS home automation service and gourmet kitchen with mirror splashback.There’s also a gas fireplace, alfresco area, sparkling lap pool, lush gardens, a sandy beachfront and skyline views.Welcome to one of the Gold Coast’s most popular holiday homes.center_img The kitchen is modern and features a mirrored splashback. A spa is part of the riverfront setting.“We bought a couple of beachfront homes down in Coffs Harbour and it will be easier to manage from down this way, it’s a bit of a bind to do remotely.”Mr Halsam, who also operates other businesses including commercial and industrial properties, and his partner, financial planner Alicia Vines, also have three of four children left at home to raise.last_img read more

Read More
28 Sep
2020

BW Offshore eyes Maromba field offshore Brazil

first_imgOslo-listed FPSO operator BW Offshore is contemplating to enter into agreements to acquire 100% of the Maromba field offshore Brazil from the present owners Petrobras (70%) and Chevron (30%).BW Offshore said on Monday that the closing of the acquisition is subject to board approvals and fulfillment or waiver of conditions precedents, including approval by The Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP) to close the transaction and deem BW Offshore an approved operator in Brazil.The Maromba field is located off the Brazilian coast in the Campos Basin in 160 meters of water depth.The company added it will provide further information upon signing of the agreements.Petrobras announced its plan to sell its stake in the Maromba field back in July 2017 and the binding phase regarding the transfer of Petrobras and Chevron stake in the Maromba Field started in October that same year.For Petrobras, the potential transaction is an opportunity to develop and monetize a heavy oil discovery in shallow waters, close to the producing fields of Peregrino and Papa-Terra.This would not be BW Offshore’s first venture into oil and gas exploration. Namely, BW Offshore’s subsidiary, BW Energy, is the operator of the Dussafu license located offshore Gabon. The company last August made an oil discovery in the Ruche North East Marin-1 well drilled in the Dussafu Marin PSC.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

Read More
28 Sep
2020

Lithuania: Klaipeda LNG regas volumes soar in November

first_imgLiquefied natural gas (LNG) regasification volumes at Lithuania’s first and only import terminal in the port of Klaipeda soared during the month of November. The terminal operator Klaipedos Nafta’s data shows that the company’s LNG import terminal and its small-scale LNG facility have regasified and reloaded 2.74 TWh of natural gas in November, 226.3 percent above the 0.84 TWh recorded during the same period of 2018.During January-November of 2019, the company in total regasified and reloaded 18.24 TWh of the natural gas which compares to 8.65 TWh during the same period of 2018.Sales revenue from the LNG facility in November reached €6.3 million ($6.98 million) 18.9 percent above the €5.3 million reported in the corresponding month last year.The preliminary revenue of the LNG terminal for the January-November period comprises €65.8 million up by 11.1 percent compared to the €59.2 million reported in the same period of 2018.last_img read more

Read More
24 Sep
2020

Arsenal quartet cautioned after breaking lockdown rules

first_imgNicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette, David Luiz and Granit Xhaka have been reminded of their responsibilities by Arsenal after being caught breaking lockdown rules. Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootMind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It Appeared6 Most Unforgettable Bridges In The WorldCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta  Read Also: Arsenal to miss CL spot as UEFA opt for points system if season cut short They have all reportedly been warned by the club. Tottenham players and coach Jose Mourinho have also been criticised for meeting to train together in parks during the lockdown. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… In the UK, you are not allowed to meet with people who do not belong to your own household in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. According to The Sun, Pepe was spotted playing football with friends in a park, Lacazette was seen close together with a car cleaner and Luiz and Xhaka were caught together in a park in Southgate.Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More
23 Sep
2020

Hope man arrested after hour-long pursuit

first_imgColumbus, IN—A Hope man was arrested on numerous charges after he led law enforcement officers on an hour-long vehicle pursuit on Saturday evening.  Shortly after 6 pm Saturday, Columbus Police Department officers responded to 25th Street in regards to a tow truck driver who was attempting to recover a sport utility vehicle that was not returned from a test drive in Indianapolis.  When the tow truck driver approached the vehicle in question, the driver, later identified as Aaron S. Wiley, 28, sped away striking the tow truck driver’s assistant. The man struck by the vehicle was not seriously injured.A short time later, an officer observed Wiley and attempted to stop him, however, he refused to pull over and a pursuit ensued.  During the hour-long pursuit, Wiley struck multiple tire deflation devises in the 2011 Toyota Highlander as he traveled into Jackson County and back into Bartholomew County. The pursuit ended when Wiley drove into a farm field near County Road 850 South in Jonesville and he was taken into custody.Wiley was transported to Columbus Regional Hospital for jail clearance and later remanded to the Bartholomew County Jail on allegations of Leaving the Scene of an Accident Resulting in Injury, Resisting Law Enforcement, Criminal Recklessness, Criminal Mischief, Two Counts of Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Intimidation, Theft, and Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Causing Endangerment.last_img read more

Read More
22 Sep
2020

Iheanacho trains like an animal — Rodgers

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Foxes attack Burnley EPL: Vardy primed for another prolific season after brace at West Brom EPL: Underdogs tackle Leicester City Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has described Kelechi Iheanacho’s situation at the club as “unfortunate” with first-choice striker Jamie Vardy at his best.Rodgers highlighted Vardy’s impressive goalscoring run as a factor that has limited the Super Eagles forward from playing in the English top-flight this term.The 23-year-old has been predominantly used in League Cup games and he has scored two goals in two appearances, his latest effort came in the Foxes’ 3-1 win over Burton Albion on Tuesday.Ahead of Sunday’s league outing against Crystal Palace, Rodgers praised Iheanacho’s work ethic in training and admitted he is in his long-term plans.“Yes [he does have a future long term],” Rodgers said when quizzed about the Nigerian’s future.“He’s unfortunate he is playing behind one of the great strikers in Europe. Jamie is at the very top of his game, in his goalscoring and his pressing, so it’s very difficult for [Iheanacho] to get in.“He’s very much a part of our squad. He trains like an animal every day, he’s so good.”Tags: Burton AlbionJamie VardyKelechi IheanachoLeicester Citylast_img read more

Read More
18 Sep
2020

Dorado swimmers in T&T for ASATT Invitational

first_imgSIXTEEN swimmers from Dorado Speed Swim Club left Guyana this week to compete in the Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad and Tobago (ASATT) Invitational, which is scheduled to run from yesterday afternoon until Sunday, at the National Aquatics Centre in Couva, Trinidad. The swimmers, most of whom are dominant national swimmers, are looking to use the invitational meet to accumulate FINA points.According to information from the club, a team of two coaches, two managers, 16 swimmers and eight parents are currently in Trinidad for the meet.Nicholas Fraser (head coach) and Shyka Gonsalves are the coaches, while Mrs Colleen Roberts and Mrs Marcel David Watson travelled as manager and assistant manager respectively. The swimmers are: Tyler Allicock, Ethan Gonsalves, Elliott Gonsalves, Athalcy Hunte, Brittany Quamina, Safiya Foster, Raekwon Noel, Monique Watson, Maiya Ifill, Vladimir Woodroffe, Alex Bentham (Jr), Kyra Soares, Daniel Scott, Stephon Ramkhelawan, Stephen Ramkhelawan and Delia George.The supporting parents are Dr Mellissa Ifill, Mr Alex Bentham, Ms Donna Vieira, Mrs Rhonda Allicock, Mrs Sharda Ramkhelawan, Mrs Gail Niles, Mrs Sharon Woodroffe and Mr Christopher Woodroffe.last_img read more

Read More